Vertigo & Dizziness
Vertigo is the feeling of dizziness or a spinning sensation. It is due to a problem with the vestibular system in the inner ear which helps us maintain a steady sense of balance.
How can physiotherapy help with vertigo?
Physiotherapy is a very effective way to help minimize the symptoms of vertigo. The physiotherapists at Back2Normal will provide you with a full assessment and a personalized treatment programme to meet you goals and needs. Physiotherapy can help with vertigo in the following ways:
- Provide a diagnosis and advice on symptom management
- Improve balance
- Reduce feelings of dizziness and spinning
- Reduce walking and standing difficulties
- Minimize headaches
- Reduce the episodes of vertigo
What physiotherapy will be used to treat vertigo?
The physiotherapy chosen to treat your condition will depend on the exact symptoms and severity of vertigo. Your physiotherapy at Back2Normal may adapt each session according to your current signs and symptoms. Physiotherapy may include:
- The Epley Manoeuvre: this is a technique aimed at moving the otoconia pieces (crystals) which are disrupting the vestibular system, to areas which will not cause any symptoms. Four specific movements are carried out to try and move the crystals.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – which includes special exercises designed to get your vestibular system functioning normally again
- Neck mobilisations
- Balance retraining
- Activity adaptation advice
Our Pricing Plan
- Private Initial$89.00